The crockpot is an amazing invention. Vince and I have recently been using the crockpot almost every day. We will cut a bunch of veggies and potatoes, throw in some form of meat, season it and add either water or broth and leave the food cook from 4-8 hours having either lunch or dinner ready for the day.
The crockpot infuses flavours and gets the entire house smelling extra yummy. This morning I threw all the ingredients from this recipe into the crockpot and went to my office to work for the rest of the day.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp herbamere
- 3 thick cut boneless pork chops
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place coconut oil into a preheated crockpot on low.
- Add chicken broth and seasonings and whisk.
- Cut a couple small slits along the pork chops.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Add pork to crockpot.
- Cook, covered on low for 4 hours.
- Baste every hour or so.
Cutting into the pork chops is a great way to allow the flavours to infuse into the meat and for the liquid to keep the meat moist.
I added about 1/2 cup of small potatoes into the crockpot along side the pork and toped up the crock pot with an extra 1/2 cup of broth to make sure the potatoes and meat were covered in order to cook..