Perfect Appetizer, Side Dish or Whole Meal
Five Minute Bean Salad
Author: Flavia Del Monte
Serves: ½ cup
- 1 cup black bean (pre-cooked)
- 1 cup corn (optional)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- *Brown rice is optional
- In a large pot add 5 cups of hot water. Bring to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, remove from heat, cover and stand at least 1 hour (quick-soak method), but preferably 4 hours. The longer soaking time is recommended to allow a greater amount of sugar to dissolve, thus helping the beans to be more easily digested. Discard soak water and rinse beans.
- Mix all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, chill before serving for at least one hour.
Calories: 330 Fat: 19 Carbohydrates: 31 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 9 Fiber: 11 Protein: 10
Join the discussion 6 Comments
I love bean salads and this one looks super yummy!…………maybe my kids will like it!?! Here’s to hoping!
Thanks Flavia for sharing and thank your friend for letting you!
Thanks. Looks yummy and easy.
Thanks for the great recipe looks yummy, i recently invested in Dave & Karines Metabolic cooking as you previously recommended and they also have some delicious recipes, although some of the information they provided is different to your yours in relation to the timing of carb consumption. They recommend healthy carbs for breakfast and lunch and none in the evening, where when i follow your programme i only ever eat carbs post workout. I’m now unsure when to eat carbs as i struggle with energy levels when only having carbs post-workout…but know this is most effective for weight loss on your programme. I am a bit confused? Can you help Flavia?
Sure Clea. You most anabolic times are first thing in the morning and post-workout…so I would stick to those two times. If you are still feeling sluggish, you may need to add another carb meal before your workout for energy in th gym.
Very easy and delicious!!! Thanks for the recipe.
hello!,I like your writing very so much! share we be in contact more approximately your post on AOL? I require an expert in this house to solve my problem. Maybe that’s you! Having a look ahead to look you.