This recipe is for all my vegan friends! You’ll absolutely love this recipe! This vegan shrimp is absolutely delicious. Give the recipe a try and let me know what you think!
I am also excited to announce that the next launch for Mommylicious will include Vegan Recipes! The launch date will most likely be sometime in January. This recipe is just a sneak peak.
Vegan Shrimp with Sautéed Peppers + Pineapple
Write a review
- 1 red pepper, chopped into wedges
- 1 orange pepper, chopped into wedges
- 2 medium onions, diced or cut into wedges
- 5 large garlic cloves, 3 minced and 2 smashed
- Fresh pineapple (canned is a fine substitute if fresh is not available)
- Sea salt + fresh black pepper to taste
- Olive oil to coat bottom of pan
- Chili flakes (Optional for heat)
Ingredients for Vegan Shrimp (500g)
- 1 1/2 cup gluten flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato puree
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Broth: 8 cups water
- 1-2 tablespoon salt, to taste
Directions to Prepare Vegan shrimp
- Sift together the gluten flour, garlic powder and paprika. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the sweet potato puree and the oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet, and knead by hand until you have a smooth dough.
- Pound the dough flat and slice into strips, approximately 1/2" thick and 2" long. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, salt and seaweed to make a broth. Stir well.
- Place strips into COLD broth, and then turn up the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until floating to top and cooked through.
- Coat bottom of large deep heavy bottomed pan with olive oil
- Warm pan on medium-low heat
- Chop 3 garlic cloves and smash the other two cloves
- Once veggies are soft, add garlic to pan and chili flakes if using
- Once the garlic becomes fragrant, around 1 minute, add the shrimp and cook until no longer opaque and shells open
- Add fresh small chunks of pineapple and continue cook until warm
- Remove from heat and serve over brown rice. Serve with fresh lime slices and your favorite hot sauce
Flavilicious Fitness https://flaviliciousfitness.com/