I’m sure you understand being a mom. You’re always busy! I’m always looking for quick, easy and most importantly healthy recipes for my family. Often times I forget that sometimes it’s the easy recipes that are the most delicious and the most satisfying. Why? Because I have more TIME! And because I don’t waste countless, precious minutes (or even hours) in the kitchen trying to come up with something that will be eaten in a matter of minutes.
This breakfast pizza is just that.
In less then 10 minutes you can have this delicious pizza (for breakfast!).
Now, I don’t normally eat gluten. In fact, I omit gluten every chance I get, but for this specific recipe I call for whole grain pitas. I’ve tried making them with gluten free pitas, or even gluten free pizza crust but in my opinion the regular pitas simply taste better for this recipe.
With that said, I’ve made this lots with healthy alternatives, but I also allow myself and my family to treat themselves every once in a while. So, give it a try however you’d like, depending on your dietary restrictions.
Now, let’s get to the good stuff.. the first photos are what my pizza looked like before I baked it.
- 2 whole grain pitas
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 1 cup of cheese (pick your fav!)
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 2 eggs
- Small handful of precooked bacon (crumbled)
- Pinch of basil
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to low broil.
- Spread oil over pitas (this helps it not to burn).
- Spread thin layer of salsa over pitas.
- Sprinkle cheese all over pita.
- Add handful of spinach to each pita (leave open space in center).
- Crack egg in center of pita.
- Add crumbled bacon (optional).
- Add rest of spices.
- Place in oven for 7 minutes until egg is cooked and edges are browned.
- Remove from oven, wait a few minutes and enjoy this delicious, runny-egg pizza!
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste (depending on how salty the bacon is).
- Feel free to add other desired toppings (ex. tomatoes like my photos).