Here is how you can prevent the holiday bulge with 3 simple weight loss tips for women. Ok men you can use this too!
3 Tips For Holiday Weight Loss For Women
How am I celebrating the holidays and staying lean till the end of the year? Well, it may come to a bit of a surprise but…I’m going ALL out. If I am at a Christmas party, I have a few drinks, some cheese, crackers and even some chocolate treats. Here is the truth and nothing but the truth…
I am 90% committed to eating a wheat-free diet, using carbohydrates as energy source only, and cutting out all processed and refined foods that are toxic to my body. What happens the other 10%? When I am socializing, maybe it’s out for dinner, a party or on a romantic date with the hubby, I don’t panic when the restaurant does not have my above restrictions.
That’s because I want to have a fun time and eat some ‘not so good for you’ foods here and again. Now, I do usually stay away from foods and drinks with NO nutritious value, but not always. I am human after all.
So here are ways to keep your abs, trim thighs and still partake in the festivities:
1. Plan An Intense ALL OUT Full-Body Workout Before Going Out
Go into the gym with a goal of stripping as many calories as humanly possible. For some workout ideas click here. By doing this, you will create an energy debt that will soon be met by whatever you are going to eat at your social gathering, minimizing the damage of the excess calories you will consume.
Your calories will go towards re-building your muscles…exactly what you want them to do!
2. Workout First Thing The Next Morning
Drink and be merry, but…no matter how you are feeling the next morning, YOU MUST WORKOUT!
Hungover or not (hopefully not), you still have to get out of bed and hit the weights. You will have so much extra glycogen, so use this time to move it into your muscles and make some use out of it.
I do this whenever I have a meal that is high in carbs that doesn’t follow my weight training. By doing this, you will shovel the energy into the muscle and cause some serious muscle repair. HIT THE WEIGHTS HARD. You should have a lot of energy to lift heavy and with intensity (this is why I don’t drink a lot, otherwise I would likely puke doing this).
3. Have 3 Low Carbohydrate Days Following Your Party
If you have The Deadline Diet, use it for 3 days (the low days only). Here you will deplete your extra glycogen stores and will be in a low weekly deficit or you will meet your metabolic needs this week and be no further behind.
For these 3 days, eat only vegetables for your carbohydrates. Eliminate grains and complex carbohydrates for these 3 days only. There are no restrictions on vegetables. EAT YOUR 2 SERVINGS OF VEGGIES WITH EVERY MEAL. Keeping your veggies in your diet will also help to detox your body. See detox-for-optimal-health for more strategies.
And there you have it! 3 simple ways to still loss weight over the holidays ladies. Comments and questions are welcome below.