FUN FACT: Rosemary may decrease the presence of harmful fats that form during cooking.
This recipe is perfect for after a workout because it contains protein and carbohydrates. Try them this week and let me know below what you think!
I cannot lay claim to this recipe. I found it a few months back in Oxygen magazine and finally tried it. It rocks!
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 3 springs fresh rosemary, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 lg sweet potato, quartered and cooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp course sea salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until everything is well blended. If doing by hand, mash the sweet potatoes with a fork and combine well with the other ingredients.
- Spray a 12-muffin tin with cooking spray. Evenly divide mixture amongst muffin tins. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
- Calories: 123
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sugars: 2g
- Iron: 1mg