Looking for a little treat today? You’ve come to the right place.
Why settle for a store bought cookie loaded with sugars and preservatives when you can whip up some healthy treats yourself?
My daughter Milia loves these cookies and asked for them twice last week. She got a little spoiled in Tampa from a café that was right beside the park. We could smell them cooking a mile away. The café made these yummy gluten-free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I decided to try to make a healthier version of them and even made them look quite similar.
Here they are below – enjoy!
The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup wheat-free oats (or oat flour)
- ⅛ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅛ cup honey (optional)
- Large pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (optional)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 350F
- Leaving out chocolate chips, mix all liquid ingredients together in a bowl and mix all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add liquid to dry ingredients and finally fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll tablespoon amount of mix on a pre-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until they begin to brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve.
- If the mix is too sticky, try adding water to your hands.
Flavilicious Fitness https://flaviliciousfitness.com/
Join the discussion 11 Comments
I wanted to ask you something though, do you have a recipe for healthy milk chocolate? I love chocolate but actually hate dark chocolate (I know right!).
Try this 🙂
are these crunchy or chewy type cookies.
Looks chewy.honey keeps it soft.
Theses look amazing but is there a substitute for almond flour? I am allergic to almonds. It seems as though all “healthy” baked goods call for almond flour. 🙁 Thank you
P.S. Milia is so adorable 🙂
You can use sunflower seed flour to replace almond flour.
Thank you Nadine! I imagine that would work the same. I’ll try grinding my own seeds as I can’t find sunflower flour here.
Yes perfect .That’s exactly what i do , just grind them up into a flour:-)
Use Pamela’s baking mix
Is there a possibility that you could post the nutritional value of these fabulous cookies? As a type 1 diabetic I need the information to calculate the amount of insulin to take for everything I eat. Thank you and keep up the great work!!!
Nutritional content would be great. Including the yield would also be helpful.