Continuing our Holiday Appetizer theme, today I have a yummy and kind of healthy app for your next party.
I used a store bought bread loaf but feel free to bake your own healthy version instead. These crostini’s were a hit!
I can’t explain the crazy smell that filled my kitchen. I had 4 pieces before I let anyone else have any.
Treat yourself once in a while 😉 This recipe is from Health Magazine)
Mushroom Goat Cheese Crostini
Write a review
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (I used coconut oil)
- 2 10oz packages cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 4 tsp
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dry sherry vinegar (I used red wine vinegar because I had it on hand)
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter (I actually left this out because I have an allergy)
- 24¼-inch baguette slices
- 4 oz. soft goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In large skillet hat 2 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook stirring occasionally until they release their liquid and begin to turn golden; about 10 minutes. Add garlic and thyme; saute one minute. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add sherry; cook, stirring until almost evaporated. Remove from heat and swirl butter.
- While mushrooms are cooking, brush baguette with left over oil (I used 1 Tbsp. olive oil here); arrange on baking sheet and bake until they begin to crisp, about 6 minutes and let cool.
- Spread goat cheese on toast; top with mushroom mixture and serve.
Flavilicious Fitness https://flaviliciousfitness.com/
Join the discussion 5 Comments
The recipe would be wonderful, but I cannot tolerate goat cheese. Is there a suitable and healthy substitute? Thank you for the recipe!
You had me at “goat cheese”.
Mushrooms AND goat cheese? Yes, yes, yes.
Whoa… This is getting fixed TONIGHT at my house. Rock on!
Frank The way in which My spouse and i see the content they have a ten megabit connection. NTL probably?