Continuing our Holiday Appetizer theme, today I have a yummy and kind of healthy app for your next party.
I used a store bought bread loaf but feel free to bake your own healthy version instead. These crostini’s were a hit!
I can’t explain the crazy smell that filled my kitchen. I had 4 pieces before I let anyone else have any.
Treat yourself once in a while 😉 This recipe is from Health Magazine)
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (I used coconut oil)
- 2 10oz packages cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 4 tsp
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dry sherry vinegar (I used red wine vinegar because I had it on hand)
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter (I actually left this out because I have an allergy)
- 24¼-inch baguette slices
- 4 oz. soft goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In large skillet hat 2 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook stirring occasionally until they release their liquid and begin to turn golden; about 10 minutes. Add garlic and thyme; saute one minute. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add sherry; cook, stirring until almost evaporated. Remove from heat and swirl butter.
- While mushrooms are cooking, brush baguette with left over oil (I used 1 Tbsp. olive oil here); arrange on baking sheet and bake until they begin to crisp, about 6 minutes and let cool.
- Spread goat cheese on toast; top with mushroom mixture and serve.