This recipe is simple, fast and will be loved by the whole family. The chicken stays moist, while the outside is crispy.
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- 2 cloves of locally grown garlic cloves, minced
- ½ inch ginger, minced
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Aztec salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a large ziplock bag and shake.
- Add chicken to bad and shake well.
- Let chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- When ready, place chicken skin side up in a shallow baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Flip chicken and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Flip one more time, skin side up, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
I specifically say to use ‘locally grown garlic cloves’ for this recipe, mainly for the taste. Local garlic is much more potent and you can use a lot less, saving you $.
For a side I chopped up carrots and broccoli (you can choose others as well), steamed them, then sprinkled salt and pepper before drizzling the juice of half a lime over top. Toss and Voila!
I always use this specific sea salt because of the quality and flavour. One bag lasts me several months. Since I discovered it, my food has had more flavour and I use less salt. It is known as the healthiest salt in the world – check it out:
Join the discussion 5 Comments
Flavia is this bone-in chicken?
I did use bone in chicken in the picture. But you can go either way.
yum sounds delicious, or something different I bake my broccoli and carrots etc with avocado oil, with a squeeze of lemon on top for 20 min on 180 degrees, then 10 minutes before time I add asparagus (with lemon, salt and pepper)
Also, when u say “place foil in baking dish”, do you mean line the dish with foil?
Yes, she does 🙂
All the best,
Anna, CPT, FF Specialist