Tasty Thursday -Squash Risotto
Author: Flavia Del Monte
- 1 c rice
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 4-5 c Flavia's home made broth**
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ c petite peas
- ½ c Onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ c white wine
- 1 tbsp organic butter
- ¼ c fresh basil
- Pinch of pepper
- Cut into chunks, ½ inch thick. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat oil, add onion & garlic. Saute for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in cooked rice & leave for 2 more minutes. Add wine & stir until wine is absorbed.
- Scoop broth into rice, one scoop at a time, stirring frequently. Key is to wait until broth is almost completely absorbed before adding more.
- Wait 15 minutes before adding squash & peas. Continue stirring & adding broth until the vegetables are tender. Approx. 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add basil and stir in butter. Season with pepper.
**Flavia's broth recipe: https://flaviliciousfitness.com/2013/09/26/homemade-broth-recipe/
Join the discussion 2 Comments
Your recipes make me hungry!
In your recent email, you mentioned having several injuries in one week.
How do you avoid getting serious injuries while working out?
Making sure you always use good form during your exercises and stretch afterwards will help. Ensure you drink plenty of water and eat sufficient protein to recover as well. Getting regular massages and adjustments from a good chiropractor will also help if your finances permit it.
All the best!
Anna, CPT, FF Specialist