Split Squat Jumps
Here is an exercise I use at the end of my leg workout to really burn out my legs. I also use them throughout my workouts on non-leg days to keep my heart rate soaring, tapping into fat burning mode.
1. From a standing position, lower your body into a split squat
- back leg- stand on the ball of your foot with heel raised
- keep your core tight
- keep your chest up
2. Quickly switch directions and jump with enough force to propel both feet off the floor (scissors kick)
3. Repeat, alternating between each leg
At the end of your workout or for a warmup:
- Split squat jumps for 30 seconds (count these every workout to see how you advance)
- Rest 30 seconds
- Repeat for a total of 5 minutes
Your legs will be SCREAMING!
168% –> That’s the percentage increase in core activation when people think about tightening their abdominals, according to a Utah State University study.
Let me know how many you can do in 5 minutes. Mine top is 150. I started at 120! See if you can beat that.