Serving Size: 1 cup
What you need:
10 ounces fresh spinach
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 tbsp flour (of your choice)
1 cup water (or milk)
4 tbsp fresh parmesan, shaved
Sea salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat. Add in garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
2. Add in flour and stir with garlic. Slowly add in water and whisk to thicken (use a whisk here).
3. Add in spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
4. Add salt and pepper (dash or two of each).
5. Let boil for approximately 30 minutes on low heat until mixture is a creamy consistency.
6. Plate spinach and add shaved parmesan on top
(using water and whole grain flour)
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (280% daily value), Folate (74% dv), Vitamin C (70% dv), Magnesium (30% dv), Calcium (28% dv), Potassium (25% dv). dv= daily value
**Add in sun-dried tomatoes for added flavor