Fresh and Delicious Taboule Salad
Author: Flavia Del Monte
Serves: 1 cup (1/4 of mixture)
- 1 bunch of parsley
- ½ cup quinoa cooked
- 1 cup tomato
- ¼ cup red onion
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil. Add in ½ cup of quinoa, bring to boil, cover and cook over medium heat for 12 minutes or until all water is absorbed. This will yeild approx. 2 cups of quinoa.
- Cut heads off parsley with scissors and wash, dice tomatoes, and finely chop onion. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour lemon and add salt and pepper to the mixing bowl.
- When quinoa is cooled down, add in ½ cup (set aside the rest) to the mixing bowl.
- Add evoo 5-20 minutes before serving.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serve room temperature or chilled. Better chilled for at least 2 hours or overnight, leaving the evoo until ready to serve.
- *may use bulgur or wheat in place of quinoa
Calories: 295 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 28 Sodium: 100 Fiber: 3 Protein: 7