Rice Crispy Treats (Tasty Thursday)
Author: Flavia Del Monte
Serves: 12 - 24
- 8 cups organic sugar-free rice puffs
- 1 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil or organic butter
- ½ tsp sea salt
- In a medium sauce pan bring the maple syrup and oil or butter to a boil.
- Boil for 1 -2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt.
- Fold in the cereal.
- Line a 9 inch baking dish with parchment paper. (2 if you want to split this in half for thinner ones).
- Pour mixture in the pan and smooth it out so that the top is even. Be sure to press down.
- Place in freezer for an hour to an hour and a half.
- Remove, slice and serve