Yes, I have an egg allergy :'(. It seriously sucks because I KNOW EGGS ARE HEALTHY. Replacing eggs is pretty tough, especially in pancakes (at least it is for me).
Well, I finally came up with the perfect pancake, without eggs, and with all healthy ingredients. Whoot Whoot!
You are going to love the fluff factor on these babies..
Perfect Pancakes (vegan – oh my!)
Write a review
- 1 cup quinoa or almond flour (or whichever flour you prefer)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder (yes it’s a lot)
- pinch of Aztec sea salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Blueberries or chocolate chips or whatever you desire
- Heat pan to medium heat with coconut oil (not using the 2 tbsp above, this is extra)
- Combine the dry ingredients leaving out the last ingredients whichever you choose to use.
- Add the milk and oil to mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter onto pan.
- Drop blueberries one-by-one from up high into the batter on the pan.
- Flip when you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake or when the edges are looking a little brown or stiffened.
- Check after one minute to see if they are done. Pancakes should be browned on both sides.
Flavilicious Fitness https://flaviliciousfitness.com/
Join the discussion 15 Comments
They look wonderful, Flavia! I will try them too. I love pancakes but have both an egg and dairy allergy. I can do without dairy but I really do miss my eggs and unfortunately, they are in both healthy and non-healthy recipes most of the time. So thanks very much for this!
I want to try these too. They look amazing. My husband loves pancakes and so this will be a new twist. Carob chips are also a nice healthy replacement for chocolate chips although I’m not sure they are as tasty and whether Miia would be smiling as much as she is. Bella!!!!
that young lady is adorable!!
Are you using coconut milk in a carton or full fat coconut milk in a can?
I was wondering the same thing!
Flavia generally always recommends the full fat, canned coconut milk 🙂
All the best,
Anna, CPT, FF Specialist
I actually used a carton for the milk 🙂
These do not work. The batter melts and separates all over the pan
This is not the first Flavia recipe that has flipped on me. I believe the cottage cheese pancakes were a disaster also. Maybe it’s just me, but I followed the recipe to a T
Humm – what flour did you use? Coconut flour is tricky if you switched the flour. Quinoa is really easy to use, maybe try that instead. Also, make sure you are not overmixing and mix dry and wet ingredients separately then add them together.
Hey Athena, see my comment above.
Oh and ladies, make sure you are measuring the coconut oil AFTER it’s melted.
I tried everything this morning, however I’m very disappointed. These pancakes were falling apart and turned into mush.
Hey, this looks awesome! Cute kid btw 😉
This vegan pancake looks delicious! Deserve a 5 star! I can hardly wait to share this healthy pancake recipe with my fitness clients