Chicken Meatloaf from scratch
Author: Flavia Del Monte
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup organic ketchup or tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp dried dill weed (can replace with caraway seed or celery seed)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg white (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl mix together the ground meat and oat flour. Set aside.
- Chop carrot, onion and garlic roughly and place into food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add spices and tomato sauce (and egg white if using) and mix.
- Add above mixture to the ground meat and oat flour. Use your hands to fold together.
- Place into a loaf pan and cover with foil.
- Cook for 1 hour. Remove foil and cook for an additional 20 - 30 minutes.
- Optional: At one hour mark, spread your favorite bbq sauce over the top before putting it back in the oven.