This recipe is on page 156 in the “Appetizers & Sides” section in My NEW Cookbook: Flavilicious Cooking. You can see all the amazing recipes here: www.FlaviliciousCooking.com
Pecan & Pear Stuffed Squash
Author: Flavia Del Monte
- 1 acorn squash, halved
- 1⁄2 pear, diced
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄4 -1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup cheese of choice (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- Place both halves of the acorn squash in a shallow baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, toss all other ingredients (except the optional cheese) until mixed well.
- Divide the mixture into two equal parts and scoop into the squash halves.
- Brush a small amount of the oil that is left behind in the mixing bowl over the edges of the squash to prevent burning and to help keep the edges from drying out.
- Place the dish in a pre-heated oven for 1 hour, covering with foil for the last 20 minutes to prevent burning.
- Remove foil in the last five minutes of cooking and add the cheese (optional) to the tops of the pecan and pear mixtures.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes to brown the tops of the pecan/ pear mixture or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven. Prior to serving, scoop the pecan and pear mixture out of the squash along with the squash flesh and place into a large bowl. Mix well (See serving tip above).
Calories: 251 Fat: 19g Carbohydrates: 23g Protein: 2g
Join the discussion 5 Comments
Is skinnylicious suitable for the entire family?
I know how and what to cook for myself but find quite impractical (and unrealistic long term) having to cook separately for my toddler and baby (and husband! ).
Absolutely! Skinnylicious includes wonderful, tasty, healthy recipes that the entire family can enjoy.
All the best!
Anna, CPT, FF Specialist
Last year Flavia asked her readers to submit recipes for her cookbook and advised we would get a free copy when it was released for doing so.
As I did that I wanted to know if you will be honouring that and if you have kept a list of people and email addresses.
Yes! I’m sure we will. Could you submit a ticket to the helpdesk at http://www.flaviliciousfitness.com/helpdesk and our tech team will take care of you!
Thanks, all the best,
Anna, CPT, FF Specialist
This was really delicious!
I would recommend a bit longer on the cooking time, as my squash first came out a wee bit tough.
Thanks for the recipe, Flavia!