Fat Burning Soup Recipe
Author: Flavia Del Monte
- 2 litre pot
- 1 tablespoon evoo *evoo- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 celery stick chopped
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 stick rosemary
- *1 bay leaf optional
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 litre water or
- 1 can organic vegetable broth, low sodium
- Heat pot at medium-high and toss evoo with garlic, onion, carrot, celery, sea salt and pepper until brown, approximately two minutes.
- Wash lentils and add to pot stirring with other ingredients for one minute.
- Add water (or vegetable broth) and rosemary (and bay leaf). Bring to a boil, reduce and let simmer for approximately 30 - 40 minutes.
- * If using lentils for a side-dish, use only enough water to cover lentils so mixture will be thicker.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 180 Fat: 5 Saturated fat: 1 Carbohydrates: 25 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 300 Fiber: 6 Protein: 8 Cholesterol: 0